Making Choices is Complicated!
“Understanding the Process of True Choice”
Within this workshop, Cara will discuss what “true choice” is, and how it affects people with disabilities. Workshop participants will leave with a better understanding of informed choice and how it can be misused. Discussions will include how we can all support families and people with disabilities, to make real and valuable choices.
A great opportunity for both staff and self-advocates!
- Why is choice important?
- What do we need to make choices about?
- How do we make good and bad choices?
- What is “informed” choice?
- Misunderstandings about choice
- What if someone can’t make their choices clear?
- Where do we go from here?
Workshop Length: 3 hours
To Book: (403) 764-1365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Maximum 30 people