Loving My Home…Building a Neighbourhood
This dynamic workshop will focus on the value of home, while supporting people with disabilities to have contribution and responsibility. Explore the important shift from being a guest to belonging in a neighbourhood. Learn practical skills for building a connected and safer neighbourhood for everyone.
Discussions will also include practical and possible ways for the atmosphere to shift from a house to “my home”. Conversations will include how people can better clearly show ownership and personality, in their own homes.
- How can we support people to build up responsibility at home?
- How do we build up relationships at home?
- How do we stop being a guest on our own street?
- How do we reach out to the community?
- What are the barriers to connecting with neighbours?
- Where do we begin?
Workshop Length: 2-3 hours
To book call Cara Milne: (403) 764-1365 or email