A Place to Belong – Supporting Everyone to Be Included Within Our Church Communities
An energetic workshop designed for congregations, leaders or volunteers who support children, youth and adults with disabilities within church communities. Cara Milne, who is also the Disability Concerns Advocate for the Christian Reformed Church (Alberta South), will give practical information and support so that congregations can feel confident in how to begin to create an atmosphere of belonging.
Possible Workshop Contents:
- What are the words? A look at the power of language.
- What does it really mean to be included? A look at the difference between integrated and inclusive experiences.
- How does an inclusive atmosphere benefit my church?
- How does this work in Sunday School? Youth Group? Worship Times?
- How do we create an environment that includes everyone?
- How do we make sure that volunteers and supports are not getting in the way of possible social connections?
- What is working now… what is not? (group sharing)
- Wait! We only meet for 2 hours a week… is this all possible?
Workshop Length: 1-3 hours
To book call Cara Milne: (403) 764-1365 or email